1. What type of Company is SCF looking to partner with?
• SCF Partners invests solely in energy service and equipment manufacturing companies: in the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors. It is what we have done for nearly 30 years and it is our passion.
• We partner with experienced operational and business owners who are looking to grow their company into an industry leader.
• We usually invest in companies who have between $20-$200mm revenue; however, flexibility is essential to our success and we appreciate meeting entrepreneurs–regardless of how small or large their companies are.
2. Why Choose SCF as a Partner?
• We have the experience and expertise. With over 70 platform investments and 300 add-on acquisitions nearly 30 years, we know the Energy Services industry and we know how to help build industry leading companies.
• We truly are a partner. Unlike many private equity firms, we have lived through this industry. We know the cycles. We understand the entrepreneurs in this sector. Our partnership is not one that is just in the boardroom.
• We believe the foundation of any investment is its operating management and the entrepreneurial spirit. We do not manage the businesses ourselves, nor do we simply invest in business plans. We find the best people–and then we build the best companies.
3. How does SCF create Value?
• We are strategic partners and work with you and your team to grow organically and find acquisition opportunities. And then we execute and help integrate these opportunities, with you as our Partner.
• We help with providing liquidity to owners who want to lock-in some wealth creation for their families and future generations, but who also want to grow the business. We provide capital to enable that future growth.
• With nearly 30 years of investing in the energy industry, we have built relationships across all sectors of the industry. We utilize these relationships to help give guidance and assistance to our companies.
• We provoke strategic thought and vision and help integrate acquisitions to grow companies into industry leaders.
4. What is SCF like as a partner?
• We understand that a business is successful as a result of the people and the culture–and that comes from the entrepreneurs. We don’t tell you how to run your business. We don’t get involved in the weeds of the operations.
• We help when help is needed and we do not demand, we collaborate. We would not have the track record or reputation in the energy industry today, but for these essential principles of partnership.
• SCF works with management teams to identify acquisition opportunities and on a board level with strategy. This is our primary purpose in helping build longstanding companies.
5. Who are SCF’s investors?
• SCF is proud to have the same investors investing alongside us since the late 1980’s. However, we are most proud of the fact that the vast majority of our investors are non-profit institutions, including many universities and hospitals. Giving back to the community is very important to us.
6. What are My Next Steps?
• If you are interested in learning more about Partnering with SCF, please reach out to Theresa Eaton at 713-227-7888 or email her at email@example.com.