WHO WE ARE
At SCF Partners, the secret to our success isn’t a secret at all. It’s people.
We build strong relationships with good people to help energy services companies grow.
The strength of our relationships stems from a shared commitment to a core set of values – integrity, work, tenacity, and discipline. Guided by these principles, we’ve been providing capital and strategic growth assistance to visionary energy entrepreneurs for nearly 30 years.
We’re in it for the long haul. Our financial partners share our belief that the soundest investments are those which grow steadily over time. We identify sectors that demonstrate solid, long-term growth outlooks, then partner with the best and brightest entrepreneurs and business leaders in those fields to help grow their companies to become industry leaders.
We respect the vision and commitment of the entrepreneur. Each of our portfolio companies started with an idea, a vision, a dream. And nobody understands that vision better than the entrepreneur. Our dream is to help them realize theirs.
We identify sectors within the energy services industry that have a long-term growth outlook, partner with entrepreneurial leaders in the field, and work together to build market leading companies.
We do this by:
- Partnering with experienced operational and business owners.
- Assisting them with additional growth through acquisitions.
- Developing these businesses independently until compelling operational reasons exist to combine one or more companies to create a sector leader.
Building industry leaders through thematic investment.
Build a global leader of specialized reservoir evaluation, development and optimization services.
• Initial platform company, Corpro, was roughly $30mm in revenues and headquartered in the U.K. – SCF partnered in 2007
• With assistance from SCF, company embarked on a successful strategy involving organic growth complemented by strategic acquisitions
• By 2013, RG’s footprint expanded to 56 countries and revenue had grown from $30mm to over $250mm
• The company was acquired by Australian based ALS Limited for $533 million
Build a leading North American shale service focused company to take advantage of the shale boom.
• SCF partnered with strong operational and business owners across various basins
• Focused on production enhancement, intervention and fluid handling services
• Developed businesses independently until compelling financial and operational reasons to merge and recapitalize
• IPO in April 2006 led to a 7.7x gross return on equity
• Entrepreneurial partners that retained 15% of upfront consideration in equity doubled their effective purchase price
Build a company that produced consumable products used in shale development, oil sand production and deepwater development.
• SCF first partnered with Access Oil Tools in 2005 as the first platform
• Embarked on a strategy of partnering with other cornerstone companies that produced differing products
• Opened operations throughout North America, Asia Pacific and the Middle East
• Organic growth through new products and capacity expansion
• Merged five platform companies to create Forum Energy Technologies in 2010
• IPO in 2012
“The longevity of the firm and the people at SCF and the companies that they’ve created really speak to the fact that they strive to do the right thing–always.”